Subject: Agenda for April 19

The next call of the WS BPEL TC will be Wed  April 19 at 8 am Pacific.  Dial in info is: USA & Canada Toll Free Number: +1 866 500 6738, Pass code: 600345, All Others (toll): +1 203 480 8000, Pass code: 600345.  We will use an irc chat at:http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/wsbpel.  Breeze will be used for realtime editing.  Join the meeting at: http://adobe.breezecentral.com/bpel/

Summary of April 12 meeting:
- Added NEW TC CALLS:  April 21, 24, and 28 in addition to April 19 and 26.  These are intended to allow us to complete one walkthrough before the May 1-5 f2f.
- Confirmed location and timing of May 1-5 f2f.  Adobe will host us at their loction in San Jose (thanks to Charlton).  We will meet from 9am Monday to 1pm Friday with appropriate breaks for meals and sleep.
Note - these calls and meetings are "normative" and attendance will effect your voting status.  If you cannot attend at least every other meeting, consider asking for a leave of absence.
- issue 252:  closed with resolution described in:   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200603/msg00249.html
- issue 255:  closed with resolution described in:  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/email/archives/200604/msg00081.html
- issue 260:  vote not to open.  This does not appear to require a normative change and so doesn't require an issue.  The subteam working on reviewing chapters 10 +, can address this.  If they are unable to reach a conclusion they all can support, they will bring it up to the TC when we walk through chapter 11.
- issue 247:  members should review the update to the static analysis table provided by Mark Ford and identify any additions as we walk through the spec.
- issue 249:  Chris will make a proposal to resolve
- issue 256:  Dieter will update the previous proposal
- specification editing:  Chapter 10 is almost complete.  The subteam should finish the prereview by April 13 and release to the TC for review.  We will start the walkthrough at the next TC meeting.  Chapter 11 is in the pipeline and 12 has been started.

Proposed agenda for April 19:
- Nomination/volunteers to take minutes for this call
- Roll call/determine quorum
- Review/accept minutes from  previous meeting(s) as available

- Review agenda
- Update on upcoming meeting plans if needed
- Issue discussion:
Proposed issue resolutions if any received (possibly 249, 256).
Proposals to open new issues:  (Note numbers haven't been assigned yet due to holidays but should be by next week)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/email/archives/200604/msg00079.html
 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/email/archives/200604/msg00084.html
- Specification editing: we will start review of chapter 10 as time allows.  Please start to look over the preliminary version available on the TC web site at:   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/document.php?document_id=17593.  A later version may be posted to the website tomorrow after the subteam's call - please watch for it.   Please familiarize yourself with the current versions of chapters 10 onward, so we can get to them and move quickly as they are ready.

Note - here are some ground rules for when new issues should be opened given the ongoing editing as we discussed on the call.  As always, we should all apply good judgement:
- if the topic requires a normative change, an issue should be opened.
- if the topic requires a change to the text the TC has already reviewed (ie, chapters 1-9 as of today), an issue should probably be opened (except for trivial cases which should be action items).
- if the topic applies to one of the chapters yet to be reviewed (10 on as of today) using an action item to identify the problem is probably better than opening an issue unless its normative or complex/large enough that a resolution will take some thought and should be reviewed widely.   The action item may be dealt with by the editing subteam as they do the pre-review or it may be addressed during the TC walkthrough of the chapter.

Regards,
John Evdemon and Diane Jordan
WS-BPEL TC Co-chairs