Subject: Issues list and new issues

The wave of issues arising recently have now been assigned numbers 262 - 267. I've linked in the emails raised against the 262 and 263 while I was away - please make further follow ups to the announcements, or at least ensure they start Issue NNN - (the script ignores any [wsbpel], Re: etc.)

I've now got my list manipulating scripts sorted out for my environment in erebor, so new issue requests should be sent to me as peter.furniss@erebor.co.uk, and don't need to be copied to the choreology address.

I've dropped the categories table from the issues list - now we are down to a few open issues it doesn't seem worthwhile.

In submitting new issues, several people have tried to reduce my workload by aligning their email with the format of the list - for which I am very grateful, but sometimes the scripts partially sabotage your helpfulness ! The full glory of what the scripts get up to is rather complicated (there's some of it in the appendices of the original issues process document, but even that is probably out of date). To keep things simple:
    DO:
        send it to peter.furniss@erebor.co.uk (copy to Diane is a good idea, to list probably only if you think
            i'm not going to respond in a timely manner, as this last week)

        make the title "New issue - The title you want to have for the issue"

        If you want extra headings, such as Document or Submitter's proposal, put them at the start of a line, followed by a colon.

        If there are special comments on the submission, make sure it's clear if you want them in issues list. If it's just
"Here is a new issue" it's better not to say it - the script will assume the first thing it sees is the description, and concoct a Description: header for it. If you do put in comments to me, start the description with Description:

    DON'T
       put in the standard headings such as Submitter, Date submitted, Links, Status etc. - the scripts extract those from the email headers

        put in a Proposed resolution header - that only applies when a proposal is formally made against an issue that has already been accepted and opened by the TC. If you have a solution-with-submission it is a "Submitter's proposal:" (possible exception here if the TC accepted the issue verbally and you acting as the TC's agent)

Complex formatting is a little tricky - although the list is an html document, the issues go in as simple text and the scripts write the appropriate html. They pass through several html tags - (pre, blockquote, ul, ol, li among others) but escape other angle brackets (so bits of bpel appear correctly).  So I'm liable to have to mangle your clever formatting in an html document !  If it's really complex, it may be best to make it an attachment or put the document on the archive (I can link to either).

But overall, don't worry about it - it isn't a big deal. Thank you again to those who are trying to help.

Peter