Subject: Re: [wsbpel] New Issue: Fault for No Process Instance Statement onCorrelation, Section 9.2

Title: [wsbpel] New Issue: Fault for No Process Instance Statement on Correlation, Section 9.2
I can't tell if this is a closed issue, but I don't think this sentence is a good idea.  We never talk about processes in respect to each other, message routing, etc.  I don't think this is a good place/time to start.  Apologies if this is already closed, if so, pls ignore.

Danny

Monica J Martin wrote:

New Issue: Include wsdl:fault for WSDL request-response operation

Reference:
Section 9.2, Declaring and Using Correlation Sets.
Update approved by the TC

    "If an inbound Web service request message arrives and both (1) no
    running process instance can be identified by a message correlation
    set mechanism and (2) all inbound message activities referencing the
    Web service operation have the createInstance attribute set to "no"
    are true then this scenario is out of scope of this specification
    because there is no process instance that would be able to handle it."

that a WSDL request-response operation defined in a portType associated
with a myRole include a wsdl:fault element, which WS-BPEL could leverage
to return runtime exceptions. Such a fault could occur at the level of
the Web service representing the WS-BPEL process.

For the future, a fault should be considered to return runtime
exceptions, that provide some notification back to the Web Service caller.

Proposal: Recognizing the state of the specification and the criticality
of timing, open this issue and close with no change but mark as
revisitable. It is recognized that some notification should go back to
the Web Service caller. Runtime exceptions have not been defined for Web
Services in general, and involves more changes to WS-BPEL specification
than Section 9.2.

Other notes: This discussion occurred with Dieter Koenig, Ugo Corda, and
I during the rewording of Section 9.2 during editors' reviews.