Subject: new issue: renaming <extensibleAssign>

The <extensibleAssign> syntax seems to be a misnomer, mainly because the phrase ends with "assign", which tend to make readers think that construct is parallel to the <assign> activity. In reality, it is an operation within <assign>. I think that may confuse readers. (On the other hand, <extensionActivity> is a suitable name, because it is indeed parallel to an activity.)

Submitter's Proposal

After doing some informal polling among some TC members, it seems to me that a number of people prefer changing <extensibleAssign> into:
        <extAssignOperation>

[We would have with <extensionAssignOperation> as the second choice. Most of people that got polled seem to find <extensionAssignOperation> is the most accurate term. But, few people prefer a shorter term. Hence we got <extAssignOperation> as the choice out of this informal polling.]

A simple global search-and-replace task would be delegated to the editor team, which will change related text.