Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 268 - Support for multiple children within literal variant

The specification text that allows for multiple child elements within a literal came from the pdf attached to the proposed resolution for Issue 125: Literal and Expression Assignment Semantics.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsbpel/200509/msg00074.html

What's interesting though is that the text of the email exchanges between Alex and Yuzo in the above link refer to the literal having a single EII or TII as I am proposing below.

From the emails:

Yuzo writes:
 Can we say:
 a <literal> from-spec can be treated as if it were a from-spec that
 selects the child of the <literal> element, be it a TII or an EII?

Alex responds:
 Yes, we can say that: the <literal> returns either an EII or TII.
I don't see any discussion in the minutes from Oct 12 or 19 that detail how the resolution went from allowing a single child to multiple children.

From: ws-bpel issues list editor [mailto:peter.furniss@erebor.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 6:11 PM
To: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

This issue has been added to the wsbpel issue list with a status of "received". The status will be changed to "open" if a motion to open the issue is proposed and that motion is approved by the TC. A motion could also be proposed to close it without further consideration. Otherwise it will remain as "received".

The issues list is posted as a Technical Committee document to the OASIS WSBPEL TC pages on a regular basis. The current edition, as a TC document, is the most recent version of the document entitled in the "Issues" folder of the WSBPEL TC document list - the next posting as a TC document will include this issue. The list editor's working copy, which will normally include an issue when it is announced, is available at this constant URL.

Issue - 268 - Support for multiple children within literal variant