Subject: Re: [wsbpel] new issue: xsd target namespace and abstract profileURI

I agree with your comment that partnerlink should not be under process. A typo during rushing the email on my side.

On your first point on whether we need both version number and YYYY/MM for profiles, I guess we could discuss a bit more, even though I tend to have both for profiles.

Danny van der Rijn wrote:
Why would we include both a version number and a date?  IMO version suffices.

Also, it seems that partnerlink shouldn't be under process.  How about:

"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/partnerLink/[...].xsd"

Alex Yiu wrote:

Hi,

-------------------------------
Background:
During San Jose F2F, we passed a target namespace resolution (Issue 284) to update the target namespace URI for Exec and Abstract Process to the following:

The namespace URI of executable process is updated from:
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/business-process/"
to:
"urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:process:executable"

The namespace URI of partner link type declaration in WSDL is updated from:
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/partner-link/"
to:
"urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:partnerlink"

The namespace URI of abstract process is updated to:
"urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:process:abstract"

[a]
Peter Furniss suggested whether we should use a de-referenable URI. E.g. starting with "http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/..."

I guess there are two kinds of NS URI.

One kind is not associated with an XML Schema. (e.g. expression language URI) I think we should stick with URN in those cases.

The other kind is associated with an XML Schema. (e.g. target NS for Exec and Abstract BPEL). In this case, I am open to change from URN style to URL style with a de-referenceable URI. (Starting with "http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/...")

(Example from another OASIS TC:
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd)

If we want to pick this route, the URI will become something to following:

"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable/[...].xsd"

The namespace URI of partner link type declaration in WSDL is updated from:
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/partner-link/"
to:
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/partnerLink/[...].xsd"

The namespace URI of abstract process is updated to:
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/abstract/[...].xsd"

[...] is not decided yet. We need to investigate whether there is a naming convention for XSD files in OASIS.

[b]
For the abstract profile URIs:
For Observable Behavior, I would suggest to update to:
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/abstract/profiles/observable-behavior/2006/MM/[...].xsd"
For Template, I would suggest to update to:
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/abstract/profiles/template/2006/MM/[...].xsd"

By having these changes, the URI for both profiles and abstract process itself look more consistent.

If we don't have XSD for profiles, then the "[...].xsd" would be dropped.

[c]
replace "MM" in profile with the real number for Month. Let us shoot for "06"

I would suggest to formally pass the resolution for this topic once the XSD for both Exec and Abstract Process and both Abstract Process Profiles got finalized.

Thanks.