Subject: Minutes for May 15-17 TC call

The first 3.5 hours of this meeting were taken up by editing chapter 13 and no detailed minutes were kept.  Decisions were documented via mark up in the draft spec, new issues or action items as with other editing sessions.  We did not appoint someone to take minutes for the remainder of the call on Wed.  The following are my notes from the last half hour which I offer to the group as minutes - if anyone has more detailed notes that they would like to share with the TC as for minutes, please let me know.

Summary of May 15 - 17 meeting:
- completed review and updates to chapter 13
- Approved new Committee Draft with updates to Chapters 1-14:  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/document.php?document_id=18247
Note, "official" oasis versions (with change marks from May 4 CD and clean) will be posted shortly.
- Editing team will start applying action items and resolved issues.  Dieter and Vinky volunteered to take the pen first.  Others with time to do this work should let Diane know.
- Minutes were approved for Mar 29, April 5, 7, 10, 12, 19-21, 24-26 and May 1-5.
- Given where we stand now, it appears we will be starting public review in late June.  Here are timing assumptions that get us there (these depend on TC members of course):
--- edits for outstanding issues and action items can by done by May 31
--- all outstanding issues are resolved and ready for editing by May 31 and can be applied by June 7
--- chapters 15, 16 and appendices are available for review by May 24, can be approved by May 31 and incorporated into the spec by June 7
--- new proposed committee draft ready for TC review June 7
--- new CD approved by June 14 and public review approved
--- public review starts June 21-30 depending on OASIS review
Our Aug 1-3 F2F is planned to finalize review of the public review comments.  Given the timeline above, it was suggested that the F2F be moved to Sept after completion of Public review.  Diane will post a ballot letting people select the best possible dates from Aug 1-3, Sept 13-15 and Sept 18-20.
- Appendices A and B are available for review.  Change marking didn't work because sorting the tables into alphabetical order resulted in everything showing up as changed.  We will discuss whether they are ready for approval on the May 24 call.  If not, we will give an additional week for comments to be dealt with and then work to resolve any remaining on the May 31 call.  Chapter 15, appendix D (XSD) and Static analysis appendix are in progress and should be available to the TC soon.
- issues 285 and 286 were opened.
- motion to open 280 made and seconded.  Objection to opening.  Discussion deferred to the May 24 meeting.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709