Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Groups - New Action Item #0124 Chapter 5.5 is not preciseenoug...

Hi Moinca,

this point came up while the creation/review of the static analysis list.

Section 13.4.2 describes how to mark an opaque activity as a start activity
with the new extension attribute template:createInstance. But what I've
found in chapter 13.1.3 - Omission is: "Note that it is allowed to omit the
start activity in an Abstract Process as well." - So my understanding is
that this static analysis check ("Each business process MUST contain at
least one start activity.") only applies to executable processes, doesn't
it? If so, I'd like to propose to reflect that in chapter 5.5. If I'm
wrong, we need to reflect that in the static analysis list accordingly.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

       Thomas Schulze

             "Monica J.
             Martin"
             <Monica.Martin@Su                                          To
             n.COM>                    Thomas Schulze/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
             Monica.Martin@Sun         wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
             .COM                                                  Subject
                                       Re: [wsbpel] Groups - New Action
                                       Item #0124 Chapter 5.5 is not
             22.05.2006 20:23          precise enoug...

>OASIS Web Services Business Process Execution Language (WSBPEL) TC member,
>Mr. Thomas Schulze has created a new action item.
>
>Number: #0124
>Owner: Unassigned
>
>Comments:
>Mr. Thomas Schulze  2006-05-22 08:13 GMT
>In chapter 5.5 it says:
>"A start activity is a  or a  activity annotated with a
createInstance="yes" attribute. Each business process MUST contain at least
one start activity."

>But that's only true for executable processes, so the last sentence should
be changed to:
>"Each executable business process MUST contain at least one start
activity."

>View Details:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=1560

Thomas, please see the text in Section 13 regarding abstract processes
based on the template usage profile.  This is true for more than
executable processes. Thanks.

    "·All start activities MUST be defined in a process of this Template
    Profile. That is, every IMA with a createInstance="yes" attribute
    that is added during Executable Completion  MUST replace an opaque
    activity with template:createInstance="yes". No new start activity
    is allowed to be added during Executable Completion."

    re:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/download.php/18259/wsbpel-specification-draft-May17-MU.htm