Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 247 Appendix contribution

Title: [wsbpel] Issue 247 Appendix contribution
Attached is the Appendix that contains a List of the items for Static Analysis. This list was created with input from Mark Ford, Paco, Thomas and Vinky.

This Appendix addresses issue 247 and issue 84.

The Appendix is essentially complete. Mark and Thomas may want to make additional (minor) changes to this list using the Action Items or Issues process.

All items in the list has a description that is "almost" a duplicate of the text in the main body. There was a suggestion to create new shorter description for brevity. But I was concerned that that re-writing the text may change the original meaning. Hence some of the items have a long description.

I would like to propose that we make this the new Appendix B (And shift the existing Appendix B, C,...).

regards,
-Vinky

From: Mark Ford [mailto:mark.ford@active-endpoints.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:12 PM
To: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Mehta, Vinkesh (US - Austin)
Subject: [wsbpel] Issue 247 Appendix contribution

Attached is an updated document that focuses on syntax checks for static analysis which is an area that Vinky and Paco's original document did not address. I would like to see this document merged into a single one with static analysis error codes as proposed in the original contribution from Vinky and Paco. My updated document tries to group similar errors together so as to avoid having dozens of repetitive rules. For example, there could be one rule for enforcing the common lexical scoping rules as opposed to individual rules for each occurrence of a referenced resource.

<<...>>

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

Static Analysis v23.doc