Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue 247 Appendix contribution

Hi all!

Mark and Danny, thanks for your comments.

I'd like to propose before starting with any further editing in this
appendix to accept all changes first. That way we will see more clearly
what have been changed in this new editing cycle. If there's no objection
I'll do that tomorrow and start with adding your comments into the
document.

If there are any new entries in the table I'll use the code of the previous
rule, add a "." and then a number which will be increased accordingly. For
example if we like to add a new entry after SA00045, the new will get the
code SA00045.1. This way we don't loose the references from the mails to
the document. Shortly before approving the document finally, I'll update
all codes.

Thanx!

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

       Thomas Schulze

             "Mark Ford"
             <mark.ford@active
             -endpoints.com>                                            To
                                       "'Danny van der Rijn'"
             01.06.2006 02:52          <dannyv@tibco.com>, "'Mehta,
                                       Vinkesh \(US - Austin\)'"
                                       <vmehta@DELOITTE.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsbpel] Issue 247 Appendix
                                       contribution

Your comments look good. I have an issue with two of them below and a
comment on a third.

- SA32 seems to be covered by the schema?
Schema won't catch mutually exclusive attributes. This check is intended to
remove any ambiguity regarding which from-spec/to-spec should be used when
encountering an invalid construct. For example: <from variable="v1"
part="p1" property="ns:foo"/>. One impl might treat as variable/part and
another might treat as variable/proper while a third might reject. This
rule removes requires engines to reject the process to avoid this
interpretation.

- SA38 doesn't seem like an SA directive to me.  More runtime?
The phrasing here is awkward but a literal assign that contains multiple
EII's can be detected during SA and therefore should result in rejecting
the process. For example:
<from>
    <literal>
        <child1/>
        <child2/>
    </literal>
</from>
This form of the literal will result in a bpel:selectionFailure when
executed so let's reject it during SA.

- SA75 seems backwards in that the invalidity is pinned on the lack of
declaration, rather than the unresolvable reference
Should this mention the exception to the rule which is the onEvent scoping
rules? In this case the associated scope resolves the variable. The
associated scope also gets first crack at messageExchange, correlationSets,
and partnerLinks prior to resolving to the anscestor scope. In fact there
is a MUST and static analysis statement in Section 12.6.1 regarding this.