Subject: Re: [wsbpel] NCName restriction to avoid "." (was: [Fwd: BPEL Schemaquestion])

Title: BPEL Schema question
If I understand correctly, all you're suggesting is to change the type in the schema from NCName, to a restriction that disallows "."  If so, then +1

Alex Yiu wrote:

Hi guys,

Mark has the following suggestion to use the data type other than NCName to restrict the "." usage in variable names.

I am OK with it.
Thought?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: BPEL Schema question
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 13:27:35 -0400
From: Mark Ford <mark.ford@active-endpoints.com>
To: 'Alex Yiu' <alex.yiu@oracle.com>

BPEL Schema question

Hi Alex,

What do you think about changing the data type of a variable's name to be a restriction of NCName to disallow the "." as described in Section 8.1? The dot is a legal value for NCNames but disallowed for Xpath binding purposes of message variables.

This also applies to the name of the counter attribute on a <forEach>.

I'd prefer to catch these types of errors with the XSD as opposed to having to write code to catch them during static analysis.

Thanks.