Subject: issue 247 - additional changes for the static analysis table

The following questions were reviewed and addressed on the BPEL call today:

1) SA00047 is no longer applicable ( section 10.1, description: The name of a named activity MUST be unique among all named activities present within the same immediately enclosing scope. ). I have removed this SA code and renumbered codes. We now have SA 91 codes.
TC: no objection

2) Cannot find description for these two codes in main body.
     SA00053 : section 10.3.1
        For all <fromPart> elements the part attribute MUST reference a valid message part in the WSDL message for the operation.
    SA00054 : section 10.3.1
        For all <toPart> elements the part attribute MUST reference a valid message part in the WSDL message for the operation.

I believe these are valid constraints but I cannot find the text in the main body that explicitly calls this out. Maybe someone can help me locate the text else we can open an issue to add text.

TC passed proposal to add this new text in section 5.4:
(SA00053, SA00054) A WS-BPEL processor MUST verify that all message parts referenced by a <propertyAlias>, <from>, <to>, <fromPart>, and <toPart> are found in their respective WSDL message definitions.
after the existing text:
(SA00010]A WS-BPEL process definition MUST import all XML Schema and WSDL definitions it uses. This includes all XML Schema type and element definitions, all WSDL port types and message types as well as <property> and <propertyAlias> definitions used by the process.

3) There appears to be no SA code in the appendix for the following Static analysis text in the main body. We can open an action item/issue to address this:
section 12.4.3 around line 4956 "Within a scope, the name of all named immediately enclosed scopes MUST be unique. This requirement MUST be statically enforced."

TC - OK to add action item

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709