Subject: Issue - R15 - Fix description of abnormal process completion (suggestionto update proposal)

Hi all,

About the "complete" wording in section 5.5 in the context of "Fix description of abnormal process completion" issue discussion, I have crossed checked with section "11.6.2. Link Semantics" (about <flow> and <link>). The following phrases are used:
"When activity A completes, the following steps MUST be performed to determine the effect of the links on other activities: ..."
(I guess that may open up another question for clarification: when an activity such as <invoke> faults, would it be considered completed in the context of links evaluation? My guess is no. But, I cannot find any explicit text so far. Anyhow, that would be another issue.)

Anyhow, in order to avoid similar guess work from readers, I guess it may be to say the following in the proposal of Issue 15:
The process ends normally when the main activity of the process completes without propagating any fault.

Thoughts?

Submitter's proposal:

Change paragraph in Section 5.5 FROM:

A business process instance ends either normally or abnormally. The process ends normally when the main activity of the process completes. The process ends abnormally if either:
  • a fault reaches the process scope, regardless of whether it is handled or not (see section 10.10. Immediately Ending a Process – Exit), or
  • the process instance is explicitly ended by an exit activity (see section 10.10. Immediately Ending a Process).

TO:

A business process instance ends either normally or abnormally. The process ends normally when the main activity of the process completes. The process ends abnormally if either:

  • a process level (explicit or default) fault handler completes or
  • the execution of a process level fault handler itself faults (the effect of this particular case is similar to an <exit> activity or
  • the process instance is explicitly ended by an exit activity (see section 10.10. Immediately Ending a Process).