Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - R18 - Uniqueness of WSDL Faults

Hi Danny,

Regarding to the suggestion in your first bullet:
  • changing the fault catching behavior to not use fault name, but its data type
I am not sure I follow 100%. But, if my understanding is correct, we have already supported that kind of capabilities:

-------------
   <catch faultName="QName"?
      faultVariable="BPELVariableName"?
      ( faultMessageType="QName" | faultElement="QName" )? >*
-------------

e.g.:
<catch faultElement="foo:aFaultElement">
or
<catch faultMessageType="foo:aFaultMsgType">

Of course, I guess the next question is: is that good enough? and do we need other extra "tools or ropes" suggested in your other bullets?

And, I am not sure I follow your third bullet.

ws-bpel issues list editor wrote:

This issue has been added to the wsbpel issue list with a status of "received". The status will be changed to "open" if a motion to open the issue is proposed and that motion is approved by the TC. A motion could also be proposed to close it without further consideration. Otherwise it will remain as "received".

The issues list is posted as a Technical Committee document to the OASIS WSBPEL TC pages on a regular basis. The current edition, as a TC document, is the most recent version of the document entitled in the "Issues" folder of the WSBPEL TC document list - the next posting as a TC document will include this issue. The list editor's working copy, which will normally include an issue when it is announced, is available at this constant URL.

Issue - R18 - Uniqueness of WSDL Faults