Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Technical Webinar abstract

Hi Diane,

I hope I didn’t drop the ball on the Webinars. I know that you are very busy now. With the added Workshop at the Symposium, I think this will be a very busy spring for this group. Can we squeeze the webinars in before the Symposium? Is this the same set of folks? Maybe there exists some reuse of materials for both.

It is a great idea to set two different webinars. I am working with a group of ebXML TCs and they made a good recommendation that I’d like to share. They are proposing two sessions for each TC, one Euro-Asia friendly time zone and one US friendly time zone.

Let me know if I can help!

Best,

Dee Schur
Member Support
www.oasis-open.org

OASIS Symposium:
"eBusiness and Open Standards:
Understanding the Facts, Fiction, and Future"
15-18 April 2007 San Diego, CA USA
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/

From: Diane Jordan [mailto:drj@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 3:06 PM
To: dschur
Cc: 'Carol Geyer'; 'Frank Ryan'; 'Peter Roden'; wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Dee,
Please give us another week to finalize this abstract.  We are going to review this with the full TC, and also discuss with two other volunteer presenters on our next call.  We also want to plan another webinar that would be directed more to users of BPEL - a business analyst or CIO audience, that would talk about the business problems BPEL can solve, how it fits in a overall BPM solution, etc.  We'd like to hold them both in the same timeframe directed at different people, rather than sequencing them.

We've also started discussing the other possibilities you've brought up and there is interest in some.  Given workload to get through approval, we're prioritizing these behind the webinars.  I would advise against attempting to discuss the future of BPEL at this point of time under the auspices of OASIS or the TC.  While there are many possibilities, anything said at this point in time would be strictly individual opinions, not the sense of the TC.  Discussions in the context of an event where the TC is the "speaker" could be misinterpreted.  I think at this time the TC should focus on how to best use what we have rather than pointing to what else could be done and conjecturing on how those additional requirements should be addressed,  I'm sure those discussions will occur in other venues.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709