Subject: Fw: Agenda for April 4 TC meeting - update

We've been informed OASIS has established a new requirement that all special majority ballots be performed by electronic ballot.  I'm told the ballot should be:
Affirm OASIS Standard Status for WSBPEL v2.0

Does the TC desire to approve the specification as submitted (Web Services Business Process Execution Language Version 2.0) as an OASIS Standard despite the negative vote(s) received?

On the call today, we will ask for this to be moved and seconded, hold any discussion and then ask that it be set up by the TC administrator.
We will not have a vote on it today.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709

----- Forwarded by Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM on 04/04/2007 09:32 AM -----
Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM

04/01/2007 11:54 PM

bpel tc
cc
Subject
Agenda for April 4 TC meeting - Please attend - OASIS standard approval decision required

The next meeting of the BPEL TC will be a conference call on April 4, 2007, 8am-10am Pacific.  The agenda is below.  Dial in info is: USA & Canada Toll Free Number: +1 866 500 6738, Pass code: 600345, All Others (toll): +1 203 480 8000, Pass code: 600345.  We will use an irc chat at:http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/wsbpel

This is a critical meeting and all voting members are requested to attend as we may require a special majority vote to address the approval status of the BPEL 2.0 spec.  The ballot closed with one negative vote (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/vote_details.php?id=1252&voter_id=2686).  Based on OASIS process, the TC has 30 days to do one of the following by resolution of a Special Majority Vote:
(a) request the TC Administrator to approve the specification as submitted despite the negative votes; (b) withdraw the submission entirely; or (c) submit an amended specification, in which case the amended submission shall be considered as if it were a new submission, except that information regarding previous votes and any disposition of comments received in previous votes shall accompany the amended submission.

On the April 4 call, we will discuss the options and potentially vote to approve the specification despite the negative vote.
Other agenda items:
-  Primer status
- TC termination extended to May 15

Regards,