Subject: notes from TC call April 25

Having no volunteer, we'll have to make do with my notes for minutes of today's meeting.
We had 9 out of 21 voting members in attendance.  The meeting did not make quorum, but there were no issues that required votes.

Congratualtions were shared all around for the formal approval of the WS BPEL v2.0 OASIS Standard.

Primer status:
Danny will send his comments for the first part of the document and try to get the rest as soon as he can.
Suggestion that we removed explanation about preferred acronym was accepted and new wording will be incorporated into section 1.1 (see email).
We need all comments by next Wed. May 2 so that we have time to incorporate them into an update that we will review and approve at our last meeting on May 9.
Charlton is still working on the revisions to chapter 7.  He will post them to cvs and the TC by Friday.  Alex will review by Mon am PDT.
Dieter will take the pen on next Wed to do remaining updates.
We'll use email to let the primer team know when the pen is being handed off.

Open primer action items with the name of the primer team member who will add them to the doc:
John is sending an updated FAQ for review as well.  Members should send comments by email.

Adoption TC:  question raised on what the status of this idea is.  There'd been no response to the previous discussions about it on the TC calls.  Carol Geyer has provided a draft charter for such a TC which I will forward to the group.  Question was asked whether the adoption TC would be able to address errata.  Based on contents of the charter Carol provided, it appears so.  (I've a question into Carol to confirm this - also I reviewed the OASIS process and saw no restrictions for adoption TC's.)

Next Meeting:  We will hold a TC meeting on May 2 at the usual time to discuss FINAL comments for the primer and FAQ.  Last TC meeting will be on May 9 - at that point we will approve the final Primer and FAQ.

Not being quorate, we were unable to adjourn but all agreed to hang up anyway.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709