Subject: Re: [wsdm] MEP Edits from todays Conference Call

Hello,

I also have another quibble that I didn't want to get into on the call.
  I don't know if anyone else considers this important or not.

By at least one definition, a notification is an unsolicited message
(typically from managed resource to manager).

While we often assume notifications are asynchronous (such as an SNMP
Trap), it isn't necessarily so.  Other related discussions talk about
using request-response approach, but simply having an "I received it"
response automatically sent.  This would work for notifications as well.

In fact, one could argue that if you want FR003.3, guaranteed delivery
of notifications, that having an "I received it" response from the
receiver would be beneficial.

In summary, I present the case that we need not link Notifications being
  originated from the managed resource with asynchronous messaging.

Thanks.

--

John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email:      jdecarlo@mitre.org