Subject: Proposal Definitions on Requirements Docs

Hi,
Its been suggested to me that it would be helpful to include the definition
of "Management Of Web Services" and "Management Using Web Services" at the
top of their respective requirements documents.  Based on our charter and
the charts from our F2F I'd like to propose the following definitions:

Management Of Web services:
      Specifies the model of a Web service as a manageable resource
including the provision of a normative representation of that model in WSDL
1.1 interfaces and XML schema.

Management Using Web services:
       Specifies how to to use Web services architecture and technology to
manage distributed resources  including defining how to represent the
manageability of manageable resources in WSDL.
       This includes defining:
      –     Generic manageability schemas and interfaces
      –     Interfaces for directly manageable Web services
      –     Interfaces that integrate existing managed resources into a Web
services environment

Feedback on definitions and inclusion into Requirements drafts appreciated.

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572