Subject: Update: IBM Submits Common Base Events Specification to WS-DM TC

All,
I have updated IBM's Common Base Events submission to correct a couple of
errors and restructure the UML based on comments received from business
partners and internal reviewers.  Most of the elements remain the same.  I
decided not to include a change bar version since we haven't started
working on this spec in committee yet.  I can enumerate the changes from
the previous version to anyone interested if you send me a note.  This
newer version is the recommended version for consideration.  The document
was sent to the website last night and is filenamed "Common Base
Event_SituationData_V2.0.doc".

Thomas W. Studwell
Senior Technical Staff Member, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Software Group
C151/Bldg 500
4205 S Miami Blvd, Durham,  NC 27703
(919) 254-7574 Fax: (919) 254-9082
studwell@us.ibm.com

"What marks the mind of the strategist is an intellectual elasticity or
flexibility that enables him to come up with realistic responses to
changing conditions... In strategic thinking, one first seeks a clear
understanding of the particular character of each element of a situation
and then makes the fullest possible use of human brainpower to restructure
the elements in the most advantageous way."  (Keniche Ohmae, The Mind of
the Strategist)
----- Forwarded by Thomas Studwell/Raleigh/IBM on 09/11/2003 07:58 AM -----
|         |           Thomas Studwell  |
|         |           08/20/2003 06:43 |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                    |
  |       To:       wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                          |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                          |
  |       From:     Thomas Studwell/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS                                                                                  |
  |       Subject:  IBM Submits Common Base Events Specification to WS-DM TC                                                           |
  |                                                                                                                                    |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

IBM is pleased to announce the submission of the "Canonical Situation
Format: Common Base Event Specification" (CBE) to the Web Services
Distributed Management Technical Committee (WS-DM) of OASIS.

This submission has been developed in collaboration with a number of
industry leaders and is being supported in this submission by Computer
Associates International, and Talking Blocks, Inc., both key members of the
WS-DM TC.  This submission will be moved for acceptance by the WS-DM TC for
consideration in the WS-DM TC standards on Thursday, Aug. 21, 2003.  The
general principles behind the CBE specification were presented to the WS-DM
TC on July 28 during the WS-DM TC face to face meeting.

The document, Common Base Event_SituationData_V1.1.doc, has been posted to
the Reference Documents section of the WS-DM TC.