Subject: RE: [wsdm] WSDM 0.5 interop scenario

Title: Message
Igor,

Thanks for writing this scenario up. This is good thinking on a demo proposal.

I suggest the following clarifications and changes:

1. Option 1 in the architecture picture implies that the management operations and business operations are in the same portType (I am assuming WSDL 1.1). I am not sure if you intended this to be the case. I think it is OK to have both management and business messages sent to the same URL, but I don't think we want to mix the management and business operations in a single portType.

2. Since WSDL 2.0 is not released yet, I suggest that we target our WSDL documents for the demo to be based on WSDL 1.1. I also think we should define a single set of WSDL that all demo participants code against.

3. Option 2 suggests 2 separate services, one for management and one for business operations. As I suggested above, I think another option is to define one service containing 2 endpoints, one for the management and the other for business operations.

4. I would also add an option not listed here. Define 2 WSDL documents, one for the business endpoints, and the second for the management endpoints. Specifically, for this case I would define the management endpoint to be different from the business endpoint. I know this is possible to do in your option #2, but there are many cases where it is not desirable to include the management WSDL in the same document as the business WSDL and I think this new option really demonstrates that we support this.

5. I like the list of capabilities you suggest except for #5. I think this may be beyond what we want to support for March. You also imply support for security tokens and authentication. If we are going to support security we need to agree on a common way to express this in our messages.

6. It would be useful to demonstrate a simple form of discovery. Maybe given a business endpoint, we are able to discover the manageability endpoint.

Happy Holidays,
Bryan
-----Original Message-----
From: Sedukhin, Igor S [mailto:Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 11:16 AM
To: WSDM TC
Subject: [wsdm] WSDM 0.5 interop scenario

I've used the WSDM call time fruitfully, IMO, and wrote the first version of the interop scenario document. :) Attached.

<<WSDM 0.5 interop scenario.pdf>>
If anyone wants to make changes to the document, Word version is available http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/download.php/4499/WSDM%200.5%20interop%20scenario.doc

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)