Subject: Re: [wsdm] Groups - wd-wsdm-muws-0.5-20040226.zip uploaded

Hi Andreas,

The MUWS document is filling up nicely.  Here is one item I've noticed with respect to conventional use of the RFC 2119 terms (MUST, SHOULD, etc.).  The document needs to be consistent in how these terms are used.

line 131:  RFC 2119 utilizes all-caps words.  The terms here are lower case and in italics.  I suppose italics (and possibly bolded) would work equally as well as all-caps, if that were the group preference.  However, use of these terms ought be consistent throughout the text.  The terms here should also be enclosed in quotes.

Within the document, there are instances where all-caps MUST exist (lines 398, 426, 428, 443)

There are also instances where lower case must exists (lines 785, 806, 850, 853, 859, 903, 908, 948)

...MUST we "must", or, must we "MUST"... "musn't" we?  (at least consistently :-)

The following is often used boiler plate for the 2119 terms:

   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

Regards,

Mark

andreas@westbridgetech.com wrote:
The document wd-wsdm-muws-0.5-20040226.zip has been submitted by Andreas Dharmawan (andreas@westbridgetech.com) to the OASIS Web Services Distributed Management TC document repository.