Subject: RE: [wsdm] [MOWS Spec] Optional Dependency on MUWS

Title: [wsdm] [MOWS Spec] Optional Dependency on MUWS
I haven't changed section 2.2 since 11.14.2003.... Are you referring to the words in section 3.2?

The words in 2.2 are that way because there could be MOWS and other domain capabilities that have nothing to do with any of the MUWS capabilities. Volume management, for example. I may use just volume management capability without being concerned with MUWS for that matter.
-----Original Message-----
From: John DeCarlo [mailto:jdecarlo@mitre.org]
Sent: Thu 3/4/2004 11:52 AM
To: WSDM TC
Subject: [wsdm] [MOWS Spec] Optional Dependency on MUWS

Hello,

I am a bit concerned about the wording of Section 2.2.

It would be nice to have some discussion on how optional we want the
basic MUWS manageability capabilities to be.

The new words Igor put into the 2 March version are good examples, but
end up leaving the door open to it being completely optional whether to
use MUWS or not.

If we want to allow a particular domain to replace something in MUWS
with something specific to their domain (say, a domain doesn't like the
MUWS Resource States and replaces with their own Resource States), we
need to be prescriptive on how to do so.

Thanks.

--

John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email:      jdecarlo@mitre.org