Subject: RE: [wsdm] Upcoming Spec comment/Open issue note

Fred,

Managing multiple resources via one manageability endpoint is something we have to do (according to our requirements), but did not address or meaningfully discuss yet. The UML concept diagrams were created to accommodate such case, however it may not be in the spec anywhere yet, as you rightfully noted.

What William mentioned may work, but yes, we do need to spell it out explicitly in the spec. This is an open TODO/issue for us to discuss and agree for 1.0 or 1.x sometime.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Fred Carter [mailto:fred.carter@amberpoint.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 8:12 PM
To: Wsdm (E-mail)

Yup, that'll work.  I suspect that we might want to call it out since
*I* didn't find it particularly bleeding obvious (oops!).  MUWS calls it out (top of section 3), but I don't see anyplace that we define how the WS-Addressing info is obtained, so I didn't make the link.  My bad.

Also, as part of my understanding, the patterns suggested in the associated documents tend to imply that the EPR will be returned from somewhere (factory, query, etc.) with all that information available.  I suppose that could be embedded in the WSDL in some cases, but it's not clear that we've (moreover, I think it's clear we've not!) defined the mechanism to obtain the EPR from any of our known endpoints.

Once, in Austin, I think, we all spent some time discussing how one might obtain the address of the manageability endpoint for some business endpoint.  I'm not sure we completely settled it :-).  Now, though, it appears that we'll need to have some means of constructing the EPR for some endpoint.  One assumes that the metaphoric resourceId part will be either our unique identifier, the "friendly name" (whatever that comes to mean), the URL of the endpoint, or something.  However, we might want to expand upon the means by which that's found.

We could certainly define the appropriate means of reference & construction for SOAP, but that appears to be a different pattern than that encouraged in the document you mention.  (Or maybe we have, but it's too late on Friday for me to see it...)

Oh well, gotta go get the kids now...

Have a good weekend all (or, hope you did if you're seeing this later!).

/fred

Thus quoth Vambenepe, William N (~ 19-Mar-04 4:48 PM ~)...

--
Fred Carter / AmberPoint, Inc.