Subject: Re: [wsdm] FW: Request for Permanent URL

I think (hope) I'm misunderstanding something.  It seems to me to be
much preferable of schemas & wsdl's are appropriately named.  Thus, I
would assume that, say, the mows 0.5 schema would be something like

    http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/04/mows-05/mows.xsd

I think that having dots (".") in directory names can be problematic,
though I'm flexible on this.  But I would *MUCH* prefer that the
schema's & wsdl be named with that of which they are the schema or wsdl
respectively, rather than just called schema (or wsdl).

This is valuable for a number of reasons.  The most important of which
is probably for folks who sometimes "work disconnected" (in the laptop
sense :-) ) -- for these situations, they probably have some directory
into which they stuff all these files & use a schemaLocation directive
to work. if there are two files named wsdl, life gets confusing.

Thus, my preference would be the following

     http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/04/mows-05/mows.xsd
     http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/04/mows-05/mows.wsdl
and
     http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/04/muws-05/muws.xsd
     http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/04/muws-05/muws.wsdl

or something like that.  If we want to put the 05 in the names, that's
OK, though I think it's somewhat redundant with the 2004/04 part.

I don't think I care much about the specifications -- indeed, they can
sit at the committee site as per usual.  It's the machine consumable
parts that we'd like to fix in space.

Thus quoth Vambenepe, William N (~ 25-Mar-04 5:32 PM ~)...

--
Fred Carter / AmberPoint, Inc.

mailto:fred.carter@amberpoint.com
tel:+1.510.433.6525 fax:+1.510.663.6301