Subject: Re: [wsdm] Roadmap draft

Folks,

On 26/3/04 2:04, "Jeff Bohren" <jbohren@opennetwork.com> wrote:

> How are we going to reconcile the roadmap with dependencies on other
> specifications that may be on a different standards track.
>
> For instance WSDM depends on WS-ResourceProperties. I understand that
> WS-ResourceProperties is being standardized by the newly charted OASIS WSRF
> TC, but what is their roadmap? Can WSDM 1.0 be approved before WSRF 1.0?

As convenor and nominated co-chair of WSRF, I can give you a few starting
points, all subject to agreement by the TC once formed.

1) We hold our first meeting in New Orleans at the end of April. One outcome
should be an agreed upon roadmap.

2) Ian Robinson (the other co-chair nominee) and I agree that WS-RP is
likely to be first on the technical agenda.

3) I would like to see a fairly stable draft published as early as possible,
changes resulting from other specs, e.g. Faults, not withstanding.

4) We are aware of dependencies, such as your good selves and our sister TC
WS-Notifications and will endeavour to accommodate their needs.

5) I'll post something to the list following our meeting in new Orleans.

--

Take care:

    Dr. David Snelling <d.snelling@fle.fujitsu.com>
    Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
    Hayes Park Central
    Hayes End Road
    Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE

    +44-208-606-4649 (Office)
    +44-208-606-4539 (Fax)
    +44-7768-807526  (Mobile)

This e-mail has been scanned by Trend InterScan Software.

This e-mail (and its attachment(s) if any) is intended for the named
addressee(s) only. It may
contain information which is privileged and confidential within the
meaning of the applicable law.
Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.

If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and
contact the sender via email return.

Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Ltd (FLE) does not accept responsibility
for changes made to this email after
it was sent. The views expressed in this email may not necessarily be
the views held by FLE.

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this email does not form part of a
legally binding contract
or agreement between the recipient and Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Ltd (FLE).