Subject: RE: [wsdm] Roadmap draft

The proposal is that WSDM 1.0 be dependent on a 'snapshot' of the dependent standards as part of the specification. The snapshot MAY be the current contribution to the standards groups they will be worked on then. We as a TC must still decide as part of the 1.0 work exactly which version of the spec we will be dependent on.

Therefore, WSDM 1.0 approval would not require WSRF 1.0 approval first.

However, the proposal in the roadmap IS that WSDM 2.0 WOULD require WSRF 1.0 approval first (as well as other dependent specifications).

Does this make sense to you?

Do I need to fix the roadmap draft to make this MORE clear? Suggestions on how/where?

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572