Subject: RE: [wsdm] [MOWS] optionality of metrics

We're mixing two questions here...
First off, the Metrics Capability is optional, not everyone needs to support ANY metrics.

BUT, IFF they have supported Metrics Capability, which of the 4 metrics are required to be supported?
All optional? All required? A mix?

Am I hearing Optional?

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572

To: "Nikula, Richard" <Richard_Nikula@bmc.com>, Heather Kreger/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>
cc: <wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org>

+1.

William
-----Original Message-----
From: Nikula, Richard [mailto:Richard_Nikula@bmc.com]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 8:39 AM
To: 'Heather Kreger'; Sedukhin, Igor S
Cc: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

I can't think of a good rationale for making them required.  While the most basic of building blocks, they may not be applicable in all cases.

RN
I don't remember a conversation on requiredness of MOWS metrics either,
Instinctually it seems to me that it should be all 3 of those metrics or none.., but I can see a case for just
requireing total and allowing failed/success to be optional.

I'm interested in opinions of others..