Subject: Discovering what "discovery" contains

Hi all,

For the 1/2 of the conf call devoted to discovery tomorrow, I would like
us to come up with a list of the use cases that we think we need to
support in WSDM 1.0. Scratching my head, here are the cases I think are
potentially relevant to us. Hopefully this can get us started. The list
is more or less sorted in order of importance. I would like to first
focus on MUWS but I listed MOWS discovery issues for
clarity/completeness.

MUWS:
- from EPR to WSDL
- from WSDL to EPR (including finding out that maybe the EPR has no
reference property)
- from one manageability endpoint to other manageability endpoints of
the same resource (to discover all the manageability capabilities
offered), including endpoints from the same and different manageability
providers
- from several manageability endpoints to the realization that they
manage the same resource
- discovering to what extend optional management capabilities are
supported by a manageability endpoint
- identifying a "management" WSDL, a "management" EPR
- from the manageability endpoint of one resource to manageability
endpoints of other related resources
- from management repository to EPR
- "hello world" multicast (like WS-Discovery)?

I could list more but we would then start to collide with the metadata
work.

MOWS:
- from management WSDL to operational WSDL
- from operational WSDL to management WSDL and/or management EPR
- from operational EPR to management WSDL and/or management EPR?
- from operational repository to management WSDL and/or management EPR

In later conf calls, I would like us to go through these use cases by
order of importance and define the appropriate mechanisms to support
them (if we think they need to be supported).

Regards,

William