Subject: Re: [wsdm] Discovery Scenarios [fred]

+1 from me, too.

If WSDM specifies a "TellMeWhatResourcesYouProvideManageabilityFor" type
of operation, it would have to be optional (except in some profiles,
should we get there).

This gives the Manageability Consumer community (especially in Federated
or other loosely coupled interactions) a simple method for discovering
resources NOW.  Of course better ways will no doubt be adopted over time
<g>.

The description of why it is optional would be - if in your situation
there are adequate Manageable Resource discovery mechanisms, you don't
need to implement this operation.

And maybe eventually the description might well say it is deprecated
because of the full adoption of Service Groups or other registry
mechanisms (or relying on a notification infrastructure) for Manageable
Resources.

--

John DeCarlo, The MITRE Corporation, My Views Are My Own
email:      jdecarlo@mitre.org