Subject: RE: [wsdm] Terms being used in WSDM

"Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com> wrote on 05/27/2004 03:31:05 PM:

> Generally, +1 to your proposal, John.
>
> 4.  -> we need to add WS-Resource, not EPRs to the model. EPRs are
> like URLs they are transient data.

+1 to adding WS-Resource as opposed to EPRs to the model.

> 4.a -> 1:1 is not possible as there are EPRs to WS-Resources that
> are not WSDM manageable resources. For example subscription WS-
> Resources as per WS-N are not necessarily WSDM manageable resources.

Not sure I follow this.  I don't think that the 1:1 statement was
precluding the use of WS-Resource (EPRs) for things other then manageable
resources but rather saying there is a 1-1 coorespondence of a manageable
resource to a WS-Resource.

> I could draft changes that the introduction of WS-Resources will
> incur in our concept diagrams.
>
> -- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)
> -- (631) 342-4325 .. 1 CA Plaza, Islandia, NY 11788

EPRs,
> etc.) what are the implications?  [Note:  wiser heads than I have
> started this singleton discussion already.]
>
> 4.  The MUWS Concept Model should include EPRs.
>
>    4.a. One approach is to simply say there is a 1:1 mapping from
> Manageable Resource to EPR.  Then you have to mention that one "thing"
> being managed may have multiple Manageable Resources/EPRs.  This is
> what the current MUWS Concept model shows.  So we could add the EPR
> to the Concept Model as well.  In fact, doesn't the EPR allow the
> Manageability
>   Endpoint in the Concept model to provide access to exactly one
> Manageable Resource?
>
>    4.b.  I don't think I like any other approaches, but will leave
> this in here for a place holder.
>

> 5.  The MUWS Logical Model should address EPRs.
>
>    5.a.  One option is to say that the Manageability Consumer "accesses
> (and provides an EPR)" the Manageability Endpoint which "provides access
> to the Manageable Resource indicated by the EPR".
>
> --

T o m   M a g u i r e

STSM, On Demand Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY  12601

internet:                 tmaguire@us.ibm.com
phone:                     845.433.9401 (t/l 293-9401)