Subject: RE: [wsdm] RE: [wsrf] Issue: Finding WSDL from an EPR

So, if the suggestion is for a platform developer who needs to support WSDM standard, they should have at least a half-baked impl of WS-MetadataExchange to support WSDM standard. That somehow does not sound right....

-- dims

From: Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 2:44 PM
To: Srinivas, Davanum M
Cc: David Orchard; David Snelling; Sedukhin, Igor S; Savas Parastatidis; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org; wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org

Are you retrieving Policy or WSDL ? If so then the recipient and requestor of the message would have to support WS-Policy otherwise I don't see a prerequisite. In the case of Policy, this could be a 3rd party services and it may know nothing about WSDL only Policy and the service EPR may no nothing about Policy. So it depends on what you are doing and what I read in the notes below were on WSDL not policy.

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.838.0085 | cell 512.289.4122
Inactive hide details for "Srinivas, Davanum M" <Davanum.Srinivas@ca.com>"Srinivas, Davanum M" <Davanum.Srinivas@ca.com>

          "Srinivas, Davanum M" <Davanum.Srinivas@ca.com>

          06/08/2004 12:35 PM

Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

cc

"David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com>, "David Snelling" <d.snelling@fle.fujitsu.com>, "Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>, "Savas Parastatidis" <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>, <wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org>, <wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org>

Subject

RE: [wsdm] RE: [wsrf] Issue: Finding WSDL from an EPR

http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2004-03-05-a.html

WS-MetadataExchange specification defines three request-response message pairs to retrieve these three types of metadata. One retrieves the WS-Policy associated with the receiving endpoint or with a given target namespace; another retrieves either the WSDL associated with the receiving endpoint or with a given target namespace; a third retrieves the XML Schema with a given target namespace. Together these messages allow efficient, incremental retrieval of a Web service's metadata.

Re: [wsdm] RE: [wsrf] Issue: Finding WSDL from an EPR

WS-MetadataExchange does not require WS-Policy, where did you read this ?

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.838.0085 | cell 512.289.4122
Inactive hide details for "Srinivas, Davanum M" <Davanum.Srinivas@ca.com>"Srinivas, Davanum M" <Davanum.Srinivas@ca.com>

                  "Srinivas, Davanum M" <Davanum.Srinivas@ca.com>

                  06/08/2004 10:28 AM

"David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com>, "Savas Parastatidis" <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>, "Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>, "David Snelling" <d.snelling@fle.fujitsu.com>, <wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc

<wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject

[wsdm] RE: [wsrf] Issue: Finding WSDL from an EPR

Any follow up thoughts dave?

-- dims