Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - Applying WS-N to WSDM .doc uploaded

I think this is another one that WSRF-RP needs to define. E.g. yet another topic for all property changes.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Vambenepe, William N [mailto:vbp@hp.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:31 PM
To: Stephen Schleimer
Cc: Sedukhin, Igor S; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Yes, this mapping is the kind of use case I have in mind that leads me to saying that we might need a convenient way to subscribe to notification on property change for all properties (or at least all these for which notification is supported).

If we limit ourselves to approach -1-, there are two ways to do this:
- send as many subscriptions are there are properties
- if the manageability representation supports the "FullTopicPath"
expression type, you can subscribe on ALL topics and then use "Selector"
to only receive notification messages of type "PropertyChangeNotification".

None of these is very convenient.

The question is: is this convenient enough considering the expected prevalence of this use case?

Or do we want to make this easier by, in addition to the approach in -1-, defining one "ChangeInAnyPropertyInAnyNamespace" topic. This additional topic would not violate WSRP. In fact, we could even try to bump this down to WSRF and ask WSRP to define this topic. Or we could do it in WSDM.

Regards,

William

p.php.