Subject: Next F2F and Interop proposal

Hi Folks,
I think we had a very successful (and invigorating) F2F this week. I'm glad it was so well attended. A few things to catch those who had to leave early...

I will send out minutes, action items, and issues tomorrow.

Next F2F
At the F2F yesterday we decided to have our next WSDM F2F in Boston on the other half of the WS-Utiltiy WG's F2F week October 20-22. If there is a deadly conflict for many that week, please speak up!
We are looking for a host! So if you can host in Boston, please speak up!

We decided on the following timeline for our next Interops in 1Q04. We planned an internal (WSDM only) and external interop.

• Identify dependent Spec levels for platforms Nov (w/ Spec)
• Scenario end year
• Ongoing external endpoints w/ virtual interops
• Internal Date 1.0 Mid Feb
• External Date March? (next available public event)

We also thought that it might be valuable to keep an ongoing document of interactions that should be testable and should work based on work progressing in the MOWS and MUST specs (i.e. we could start adding relationships and notificaitons soon).
Is Mike Clements willing to maintain this document and keep interop on schedule for us?

Specifications committee draft due end November.
We must start working in parallel subteams with concrete proposal to critique and fix. I have issued invitations for 3 subteams. We also started a metadata identification subteam (Heather lead) and the relationships subteam (Igor lead)will continue. New function should be kicked off with concrete proposals from an interested member or as the result of the initial subteam discussion.
We need to be close to completing initial technical content by the end of September.

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572