Subject: WS-Management vs WSDM from MSFT view

From
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2004/oct04/10-08WSManagement.asp

PressPass: What are the differences between WS-Management and the Web
Services Distributed Management (WSDM) specification?
Hamilton: Fundamentally, the WSDM model for managing distributed services
suggests a solution that's geared for datacenter environments that can
afford to maintain a large system and all that goes with it: an expensive
protocol, network bandwidth, experienced IT staff, and high-end management
systems. We're taking a different approach. With WS-Management, we aim to
make management using Web Services something useful to everyone, however
disconnected or challenging their IT environments might be, however small or
large the devices on their network are.