Subject: Metadata on WSDM Capabilities

The Metadata subgroup went through the MUWS draft and identified a set of metadata that should be
able to be specified on any property, operation, and event. We also identified what the metadata values
should be on the properties, operations, and events currently defined in the MUWS capabilities. We think
most of this is needed for WSDM 1.0.

We did not define the metadata type for the relationship metadata, we need to discuss how much
of this we need for WSDM 1.0.

There was also a set of metadata identified for correllatable names that Andrea and I will have to recreate as
I can't find that version of the document.

We are still hoping for a WS-RF Metadata specification that we can use to encode this metadata into XML.

(See attached file: MetadataProposal.101904.doc)
Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572

MetadataProposal.101904.doc