Subject: RE: [wsdm] Do URIs for capabilities include date?

Title: [wsdm] Do URIs for capabilities include date?
Yes, IMO, URIs for capabilitues MUST include date. So +1.
-----Original Message-----
From: Vambenepe, William N [mailto:vbp@hp.com]
Sent: Tue 10/26/2004 8:04 PM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] Do URIs for capabilities include date?

Hi all,

I believe at the F2F I volunteers to lead the discussion on whether the
URIs used to represent capabilities should include the date of the spec
in them or not.

I'd like to suggest that they do, for this reason: we don't know at this
point how the spec will evolve and whether we will later decide to
redefine the capabilities or not. But even if we decide not to, it is
not a problem to have a date in the URI. W3C specs have the release date
in their targetnamespace. This doesn't imply that the namespace will be
obsoleted. It just makes it more convenient to do so if we decide to.

So I propose that we keep using the same URI format that we use
throughout the document, including the date (to the month).

Regards,

William