Subject: Topics for manageability capabilities

For MUWS 0.5 we defined our WSDL and schema such that all properties,
operations, and notifications are in the same XML namespace. Since then
we have added new manageability capabilities. We also want to encourage
developers to define new capabilities in their own namespaces.

In order to address new capabilities and provide an example, we should
define each manageability capability in its own XML namespace for MUWS.
If I remember right we have already decided to do this.

What this means is that the notification topics that we want for each
manageability capability will be defined in its own TopicSpace for that
manageability capability. I think we can accomplish this by defining
something like the following XML for each manageability capability:

<wstop:topicSpace name="MuwsMetricsTopicSpace"
    targetNamespace=". . ."
    xmlns:tns=". . ."

xmlns:wstop="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/2004/06/wsn-WS-Topics-1.2-dr
aft-01.xsd">

  <wstop:topic name="MetricsPropertyChange"

messageTypes="wsrf-rp:ResourcePropertyValueChangeNotification"/>

</wstop:topicSpace>

The semantics of this topic would be that if any property in the
associated manageability capability is modified, this topic would be
fired (in addition to the topic specified by WSRF-RP for property value
change). I don't think that WSDM needs to require that this document be
defined in any particular place because this is an implementation
detail.

Bryan