Subject: Re: [wsdm] Groups - WSDM_EventFormatV0.7d-1.doc uploaded

Thus quoth Thomas Studwell (~ 12-Nov-04 1:12 PM ~)...

Fred,
this looks good to me and my colleagues. Thanks for the idea and modifying the spec. I'll try to rework/clarify the actual categories and subcategories and get them up as soon as I can.

Thanx.  One thing I just noticed but couldn't have fixed anyway, I don't think.  Can you [or whoever owns the UML picture in figure 1] make the appropriate changes?  I think these are
  1.  <situationQualifier/> goes away, and
  2. <situationCategory/> has its type changed to muws-xs:Category (it is currently a string).
I think that will align the diagram with my changes to the schema.  Assuming we have general agreement from Vox WSDM.

Thanx -- sorry I missed it in the first pass.

/fred

Thomas W. Studwell
Senior Technical Staff Member, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Software Group
C151/Bldg 500
4205 S Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703
(919) 254-7574 Fax: (919) 254-7628 Mobile: (919) 619-1038
studwell@us.ibm.com

"What marks the mind of the strategist is an intellectual elasticity or flexibility that enables him to come up with realistic responses to changing conditions... In strategic thinking, one first seeks a clear understanding of the particular character of each element of a situation and then makes the fullest possible use of human brainpower to restructure the elements in the most advantageous way." (Keniche Ohmae, The Mind of the Strategist)
Inactive hide details for fred.carter@amberpoint.comfred.carter@amberpoint.com

wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[wsdm] Groups - WSDM_EventFormatV0.7d-1.doc uploaded

The document WSDM_EventFormatV0.7d-1.doc has been submitted by fred carter (fred.carter@amberpoint.com) to the OASIS Web Services Distributed Management (WSDM) TC document repository.

Document Description:
This document udates the situation classification system for the common base events as proposed on the 11-Nov-04 Call.  The situation type has been changed to a muws:Category, and the [previously] associated qualifier has been removed.  An example has been added, the schema updated, and the qualifiers noted in the associated table have been added to the schema as well (and one is shown in the example).

This should fulfill ActionItem #139.

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/download.php/10063/WSDM_EventFormatV0.7d-1.doc

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/document.php?document_id=10063

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste

To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/members/leave_workgroup.php.

--
Fred Carter / AmberPoint, Inc.

mailto:fred.carter@amberpoint.com