Subject: RE: [wsdm] managed domains and unique event identifiers

Title: Re: [wsdm] managed domains and unique event identifiers
oh, so you want it dead :):).... say it pretends really well do be dead... there is no way to tell from the consumer's prespective and that is what matters: activity of the implementation of a manageable resource from the POV of the manageability consumers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Homayoun Pourheidari [mailto:homayoun@bea.com]
Sent: Mon 11/15/2004 5:49 PM
To: Sedukhin, Igor S
Cc: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

"managed resource" should be changed to "manageable resource" as defined
in the MUWS spec.

"go up and down" was the only way I could think of to describe that a
resource may be alive or not.  I am open to suggestions...

I used the term "managed domain" since there seemed to some specific
interest in this term.  Nonetheless I am also more comfortable with the
term "managed scope".  The term "management scope" gives me the
impression that the scope of the manager is also part of it -- which is not.

"activity scope" could mean that something is active and then dormant
for a while (not necessarily dead).  Hence, I am not comfortable with
this term.

Cheers,
H.