Subject: W3C submission Ws-addressing version, call for objections

This seems reasonable to me.

I recommond that we make WSDM MUWS dependent on the WS-Addressng submission to the W3C.
Any objections?

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441) cell:919-496-9572

Inactive hide details for Steve Graham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUSSteve Graham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

          Steve Graham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

          11/17/2004 07:27 AM

"Vambenepe, William N" <vbp@hp.com>

cc

wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [wsdm] Ws-addressing version

I believe it is preferable to move WSDM to reference the W3C member submission version of WSA.
I believe that WSN and WSRF are doing that anyway.

In WSRF, issue WSRF43 [1] was resolved at the Oct F2F, with the resolution being:
"Update specifications that reference WS-Addressing to refer to the version submitted to the W3C. This includes all namespace references and examples. Make sure to update the WSDL and schema in addition to the specification text. The version to reference is the August 2004 version submitted to the W3C."

In WSN, issue WSN2.15 [2] was also resolved at the Oct F2F, with the resolution being:
"Agreed Approach: Editors to borrow text from the WS-RF issue #30 resolution."

Now, WSRF30 is a slightly different issue (deals with use of wsa:Action MIH), but WSRF30 cross references WSRF43.  I suspect that the resolution to WSN2.15 should reference WSRF43, but that seems to be a matter we should take up with the WSN TC.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/10042/WSRF_IssuesList.doc
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsn/download.php/9948/WSN_IssuesList1.75.doc

sgg
++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, On Demand Architecture
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++

    "Vambenepe, William N" <vbp@hp.com>

    11/17/2004 01:00 AM
    <wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
    [wsdm] Ws-addressing version

What version of WS-Addressing do we want to reference? The one submitted
to W3C in August? Or the one used by version 1.2 of the WSRF/WSN specs
(that'd the March 2003 one, two versions older than the W3C-submitted
one).

On the one hand it would make sense to align with the one used by WSRF,
on the other hand it seems a bit silly for a new spec like ours to
reference such an old version.

Thoughts?

William