Subject: RE: [wsdm] W3C submission Ws-addressing version, call for objections

understood about the timing issues with respect to 1.2 versions of the spec.  I am not up to speed with the timing of the decisions, can the WSDM release wait until we have a 1.3 draft of WS-BaseN and WSRF-* that reference W3C member submission of WSA, or is that timing out of the quesiton?

sgg

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, On Demand Architecture
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++

"Vambenepe, William N" <vbp@hp.com>

11/17/2004 04:25 PM

Heather Kreger/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Steve Graham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
<wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [wsdm] W3C submission Ws-addressing version, call for objections

Just to make sure we understand what this would mean:

1) All the EPRs in properties, messages and events that we define are moved to the 8/2004 namespace. This is not hard.

2) All the EPRs in the messages and properties defined by WS-RP and WS-Notif are moved to the 8/2004 namespace. This means that we cannot use the schemas provided by WS-RP v 1.2 and WS-BaseNotif v 1.2. That for example the WSDL definition for something like the "subscribe" operation of WS-BaseNotif is not written anywhere and has to be generated by WSDM implementers by looking at the definition in the WS-BaseNotif spec and changing the QName of one of its element. Unless we provided "updated" versions of all these WSDLs in our spec. This is a lot harder.

Another option is to move to 8/2004 for the EPRs that we define (bullet -1- above) but stay with 3/2003 for the EPRs defined by WS-RP and WS-BaseNotif (not doing bullet -2- above). Which would solve some problems (we can base our implementations on any WSRF 1.2 and WS-Notif 1.2 compliant implementation like GT4) but also introduces confusion. Especially when we consider WS-ServiceGroup because then you need to translate the EPR of your manageability endpoint from 8/2004 to 3/2003 before adding it to the service group. And if you were to for example express that you have a relationship with a subscriptionManager WS-Resource (returned by invoking "subscribe" on a notificationProducer) you would have to translate the EPR of this resource from 3/2003 to 8/2004. etc...

William