Subject: There is no UUID URI scheme

The text for eventId says that it SHOULD use the UUID URI scheme, but
there is no such registered definition of this scheme, as you can see at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes.

Unless someone can point me to a definition of the scheme that I can put
as reference in the spec I sugguest that we remove this SHOULD
statement. I am not sure what it buys us anyway. All it does is to make
it harder for resources to generate an eventId. For example, my simple
resource can be programmed to just keep a (persisted) counter that is
iterated and to use
http://vambenepe.com/thisIsJustForEventsFromResourceFoo/<value-of-counte
r> as the eventId.
What is wrong with this approach?