Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - wd-wsdm-muws-part1-1.0-20041118.doc uploaded

The Identity manageability capability expressed in part 1 is not implementable without WSRF and therefore I question why should it be defined in this unimplementable form in part 1. Part 1 not a summary of MUWS, it is not meaningful at all without understanding of part 2. XML Schema spec part 1 is understandable and implementable without XML Schema spec part 2. Why is it not the case with WSDM?

On WSDM event format. All I care is XML Schema. I like the one there is now :). What are you going to do in part 2? Substitution group? If that is only UML, I'm happy too :).

On metadata, yes I did think that there will be an outline that muws-xs:ResourceId property has read-only metadata. No that it is just read-only, but it has such metadata on it. Not elements but like this:

[
EndpointReference is a reference to the Web service endpoint being managed. A reference must be resolvable to the actual useable endpoint. This property represents one way to access the endpoint resource but doesn't preclude the existence of multiple descriptions of the same endpoint resource. Metadata about this property is as follows.
§	Is read-only
]

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Vambenepe, William N [mailto:vbp@hp.com]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 12:43 PM
To: Sedukhin, Igor S; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Igor,

Now that you mention it I think I remember your point #1. I had forgotten about this. I will remove them from the UML diagram in my next update. Glad you reminded me of that before I write the UML for part 2.

I'll clarify the event definition (your #2) section once we've reached a decision on what an event is (defined by a GED or by the combination of a GED and a topic).

References to WSRF are in (or are in the process of being added to) Part 2. I agree that part 1 is not enough to let you build SOAP messages, this is what part 2 is for. An implementer of MUWS will need part 1 and part 2. Part 1 is not a summary of MUWS, it is a portion if it.

There will be in part 2 a UML diagram for events that you might not like as much... :-)

What metadata elements do you have in mind? Part 1 defines the value of "modifiable", "mutable" and "capability" for the properties it introduces.

Regards,

William