Subject: RE: [wsdm] on UML summary diagrams

At that point is there really any value in having the UML at all? I don't mind removing this extra info as I personally don't care much for the UML (schema and pseudo schema are a lot more readable to me). But I know many people in the group feel that seeing the UML is important to them. Are these people ok with a stripped-down UML?

William

From: Sedukhin, Igor S [mailto:Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 11:48 AM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] on UML summary diagrams

I suggest that in order not to expose obvious discrepancies between UML models of capabilities and their XML representation, we do not display operation parameters/return types nor attribute types/visibilities. Visio allow one to change the display shape settings to do this and it is valid in UML when used as a summary. CIM has used it extensively.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)