Subject: Re: [wsdm] MOWS comments

Igor,

I picked up a few more typos in sections 4 onward.  The comments that I
had sent you regarding the first 3 sections, still hold.  I will attach
those comments regarding the first 3 sections (based on an older version
of the mows doc) and comments on the latter sections (based on the
latest version of the mows doc).

Cheers,
H.
--

Murray, Bryan P. wrote:

>Some comments about MOWS 20041123:
>
>- Change the footnote to be the same as the document identifier
>- Do a global replace of TimeSope to TimeScope
>- 5.2.3 last para: add a reference to section 5.2.6 so the reader can
>see whch states we are talking about. And to be explicit about the exact
>behavior of any particular metric property we might want to indicate in
>section 5.2.3.2 that metric XXX is incremented on every transition to
>state YYY.
>- 5.2.3.1: I think I would use the type xs:nonNegativeInteger instead of
>xs:integer for all of the NumberOf... Metrics because then it is clear
>that the values will never be < 0.
>- 5.2.3.2: There is a statement saying (paraphrase) successful + failed
><= total. I think this statement should be moved above ServiceTime.
>Also, I would not say 'lost' in the sentence but would include one-way
>messages as another reason they are not equal.
>- 5.2.3.2: I think the ChangeType for MaxResponseTime should be Counter
>because the value will not go down over the interval.
>- 5.2.3.2: The TimeScope for LastResponseTime is difficult to indicate.
>I wonder if it should be PointInTime because its current value does not
>depend upon any previous value in an interval. However, there is
>definitely a duration associated with this metric and MUWS indicates a
>PointInTime must not include duration. What to do???
>- 5.2.3.2 2nd last para: this says that Duration attribute must not be
>included for SinceReset TimeScope. MUWS says Duration MUST be included
>in this case.
>- 5.2.4.1 line 689: operational is misspelled (extra 'i')
>- 5.2.4.2 properties: the state and last transition properties are not
>defined as specified in MUWS (must include the State and StateTransition
>elements). I  like the MOWS way of doing it better (just use the type
>from MUWS rather than including the element).
>- 5.2.4.2 line 715: CurrentOperationalState misspelled (missing 't')
>- 5.2.6.2: It seems to me that many implementations will be able to
>reference the MOWS topics document directly (from the OASIS site) and
>will not be including the MOWS topics in their own topics documents. For
>this reason I think the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph should not
>say "match precisely" - the MOWS topics should be referenced not copied.
>- 5.2.6.2: Why do we need 2 identical trees of topics (1 with, the other
>without attachments)? If attachments are so important, why not add a
>flag and/or attachment to the notification message indicating whether
>the message included an attachment or not.
>- 5.2.6.2: I think there should be some further description for how the
>notification messagtes for digest are different and what all needs to go
>in the contents of this message.
>- 5.2.6.2.1 line 1029: TimeOfTransition should match the pseudo-schema
>Time.
>- 5.2.6.2.1: What should Time be set to when the topic is digest. I
> [...]

wd-wsdm-mows-20041123.doc

wd-wsdm-mows-20041104.doc

begin:vcard
fn:Homayoun Pourheidari
n:Pourheidari;Homayoun
org:WebLogic Integration
adr;dom:;;2315 North First St.;San Jose;CA;95131
email;internet:homayoun@bea.com
tel;work:+1 408.570.8175
version:2.1
end:vcard