Subject: RE: [wsdm] <Capability> metadata

So, if you say it properly for the whole capability that is ok. I'm thinking of the same for MOWS. It does seem funny to repeat that thing for everything. I'm thinking on the same line where we say [This capability is identified by the following URI: ...] next to it say [All operations, properties and events in this capability have the followingm metadata <Capability>...</Capability>]. I think this is sufficient.
-----Original Message-----
From: Vambenepe, William N [mailto:vbp@hp.com]
Sent: Thu 12/2/2004 5:47 PM
To: Sedukhin, Igor S; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

It really seems to me that we are repeating stuff over and over again and it makes the spec really long and tedious. All the properties/operations/events we define are clearly defined as part of one capability and the URI for this capability is clearly indicated in the beginning of the section hat defines this capability. Can't we just say once that every property/operation/event has as "capability" metadata the URI of the capability that it is defined in and be done with this?

This is the same reason why I was (still am) against repeating for each capability that it is a topic defined for all events about this capability. This can just as well be said once. But on the call today the group decided to repeat it for every capability so fine, I'll do that.

But for "capability" we are talking about not just doing it once per capability but once per operation/property/event. This is ridiculous! I agree with Igor's remark that it's not very logical to only say it for properties but to be consistent I would much rather say it once and for all.

William