Subject: RE: [wsdm] Question about definition of ComponentAddressType in wsdm-muws-part1.xsd.

Thanks for pointing this out. I think just replacing "##other" with
"##any" is the way to fix this. I will soon generate a new version of
the spec with this change.

Heather is having trouble with her email but she asked me to tell the
group that the ongoing vote for CD approval should be considered to
apply to the yet-to-be-produced version with the change above.

Regards,

William

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitsunori Satomi [mailto:Mitsunori.Satomi@hds.com]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 3:36 PM
To: WSDM-TC (wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org)
Subject: [wsdm] Question about definition of ComponentAddressType in
wsdm-muws-part1.xsd.

Dear, WSDM-TC members

I have a question about a definition of "ComponentAddressType" in the
wsdm-muws-part1.xsd.
# I also posted a same comment via public web page of WSDM-TC. But it
didn't post to WSDM-TC mailing list yet.

In wsdm-muws-part1.xsd, "ComponentAddressType" is defined as follows,

 <xs:complexType name="ComponentAddressType">
     <xs:sequence>
       <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
     </xs:sequence>
 </xs:complexType>

According to the this definition,
"muws-p1-xs:ManageabilityEndpointReference" MUST not be value of
"ComponentAddressType" because its definition excludes the target
namespace of wsdm-muws-part1.xsd (is muws-p1-xs).

I think that it conflict with the description of
"SourceComponent/ComponentAddress" in the document of
cd-wsdm-muws-part1-1.0.pdf (Line 478 - 483).

478 muws-p1-xs:ManagementEvent/muws-p1-xs:SourceComponent/muws-p1-
479 xs:ComponentAddress/{any}: XML open content including any XML
representation of the 480 component address. One commonly used address
type is a Web service address, such as an
481 EPR as defined by [WS-Addressing]. In the case where the source is a
manageable resource, it
482 is RECOMMENDED that the muws-p1-xs:ManageabilityEndpointReference
element, as defined
483 in section 4.2, be used as the address type.

Especially, description of line 482 to 483 means "ComponentAddress" MAY
have a "ManageabilityEndpointReference"
element.

So, to avoid this confliction, my suggestion is to modify the definition
of "ComponentAddressType" as follows,

 <xs:complexType name="ComponentAddressType">
     <xs:choice>
       <xs:element ref="muws-p1-xs:ManageabilityEndpointReference"/>
       <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
     </xs:choice>
 </xs:complexType>

Or change the namespace="##any" in the <xs:any ..../> line.

Regards,
----
Mitsunori SATOMI (mailto:Mitsunori.Satomi@hds.com)
  Director, Advanced Software Architect