Subject: RE: [wsdm] MOWS Request Processing Digest Notification Act in Interop Scenario.

You're right, thanks Mitsunori. So there are  two ways to fiz this:

	1) Make the subscription to
mows-events:RequestProcessingObservations and keep the dialect simple.
That way ANY notification regarding the request processing will be sent.
This is according to MOWS:
[
mows-events:RequestProcessingObservations indicates availability of any
information about the processing of any request by the Web service
endpoint (Figure 12) as observed by the implementation of a manageable
Web service.
]

	2) Make the dialect a concrete topic expression.

Frankly either way is fine, I believe. 1) may even be simpler.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Mitsunori Satomi [mailto:Mitsunori.Satomi@hds.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:43 PM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] MOWS Request Processing Digest Notification Act in
Interop Scenario.

Hi, Igor and wsdm folks,

I and our engineer in Japan found a little problem in the Interop
Scenario document (wsdm 1.0 interop scenarios.doc).

In "MOWS Request Processing Digest Notification Act" section,

   2. Using the same EPR subscribe to the
mows-events:RequestProcessingObservations/Digest
       topic using [BN] Subscribe operation. Indicate the topic and [BN]
Simple Topic Expression dialect.
       Include an EPR to the receiver of the notification messages

in this case, consumer have to subscribe the child topic of
mows-events:RequestProcessingObservations.
But using [BN] SimpleTopic Expression we can subscribe only the root
topic as describing in the WS-Topic specification.

---- wsn-WS-Topics-1.2-draft-01.doc ---
343  7.1 SimpleTopic Expressions
357  Because the only valid TopicExpression in this dialect is a QName,
only root topics can be
358  addressed by this grammar. For those entities that support only
this dialect of TopicExpression,
359  only simple topic spaces, those that define only root topics,
SHOULD be used.
--- wsn-WS-Topics-1.2-draft-01.doc ---

I think both are conflicted, so we have to modify the interop scenario
document.

Regards,
----
Mitsunori SATOMI (mailto:Mitsunori.Satomi@hds.com)