Subject: WSDM interop in GGF14

Hi,

     I got a homework to think about doing the interop in GGF14. Here is my
opinion, written a bit in a hurry.
     First of all, independently of GGF14, I think that there are two things
that we need to do:
(1) Promote WSDM to everybody that's related to us: the Web services
community, the systems management community, the Grid community etc.
(2) Promote WSDM to the GGF (Grid community).
     I think that the main objective of the public interop is (1). While I
think that GGF14 is at good place (Chicago) and has a good timing, not all
the people in (1) will come. In fact, GGF14 is only targeted at the GGF WGs,
not the Grid community in general. So we will need some additional marketing
to make it effective. I don't know how these things work, so I won't go
deeper into that one.
     Almost independent of (1), there is (2). Yes, I really mean "almost
independent": even if we make an interop event in GGF14, it does not mean
that the GGF participants will come, especially if it's in a separate room
and/or in the tutorial/workshop day. So my idea is to get an outreach
session (keynote-like session, big auditorium, at a time that not many other
sessions are going on), and for instance show things working through a GUI
on the projector. (If we make it short, we might be able to use a piece of
the OGSA-WG outreach session, which is GGF prime time). We can get also
other sessions as a tutorial, like we did in Hawaii, or to discuss technical
stuff.
     Opinions?

Regards,

Fred Maciel.